Roseland Ceasefire has over 15 years of experience in delivering services to the far south Chicago and South Suburban Cook County. RCF has been instrumental in developing a Stop The Violence Campaign through safe and thriving communities. Our experience with restorative justice has been proven with our re-entry program, with for victims of trauma, group counseling with victims, perpetrators, and their families; bringing them together to discuss their feelings on how to heal the community after violent incidents.
The Safe Passage Base Operator operates as a part of a Neighborhood Safety Team that includes other safe passage workers, base operators, case Managers, outreach workers and community engagement/safe spaces staff.
This is a grant funded position and this position is contingent on renewal of grant funds.
Description of Duties:
The Safe Passage Base Operator is the focal point for managing and directing the safe passage watchers and supporting the safe passage administrative assistant. As such, the safe passage base operator anchors the daily activities of the safe passage watcher and safe passage administrative assistant
- Assign safe passage watchers to post and forward post assignment to safe passage administrative assistant
- Manage the maintenance of equipment used by safe passage watchers to communicate with the base operator
- Manage shift-specific distribution of uniforms to safe passage watchers
- Perform radio check with all safe passage watchers every 15 minutes and log contact on contact log
- Determine appropriate action (based on severity) and communicate action to safe passage watcher(s) when a real-time incident occurs.
- Prepare end of shift-specific safe passage activity reports
- Prepare and submit consolidated daily report to Safe Passage Program Manager
- Attend meetings as requested
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with broadcast communications and equipment
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings
- Experience with community-based services and organizations
- Experience developing and retaining relationships with others
- Experience with crisis intervention training or knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Experience producing management-level reports
- No pending criminal cases
- Ability to dress and adapt to the environment
- Ability to operate radio or mobile device
- Drug screening and background check is required prior to being hired
- Knowledge of Chicago and South Suburban Cook County and communities with histories of violence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability and commitment to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to understand and follow safety/security practices and work in high pressure situations
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time, frequently talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle and operate objects or controls, and occasionally stand, bend, stretch, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing and viewing a computer monitor.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.